Welcome to Polish Cure! A space dedicated to the pursuit of the perfect polish. I earmark magazine pages with manicures that make my heart pitter patter and will ship my cash abroad to find my most wanted shades. Share your polish stories with me and check out what I'm obsessing over.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Summer Switcheroo And A Blue Binge

There's a couple of things I know for certain. For instance, I should never be allowed to dye my hair red (again) and I should not try and convince myself that I can drink gin or whiskey for that matter (again). In this category of certainties is the fact that when Summer gets sprung a girl has got to put the OPI "Lincoln Park After Dark" or "Black Onyx" in my case, back behind the medicine cabinet and reach for something a little less severe.
A new gal pal, Torrey, happened to mention she was going in for a pedi and of course I inquired as to her polish game plan. Well, wouldn't you know, she was kind enough to indulge me with a before and after snap of her Summer polish switcheroo. While I love that old color, I gotta say choice well made sister.
Now, the other thing I know for certain is a woman can never have too many polishes. This is something a man or a less experienced polish pro may never understand. They'd look at two of the three shades I picked up today (Essie "Turquoise & Caicos" and L'Oreal "Waters Edge") and see nothing but two colors that resemble the Olsens. However, a vet like myself knows this: one of these is going to beat the other hands down (pun recognized). I see a little more minty action going on in the Essie shade which makes it feel a tad more appropriate for this time of year, whereas "Water's Edge" definitely has some late Summer, early Fall crossover potential as it is a cooler shade with some muted undertones.   Once I get the chance to lacquer up with these bad boys I'll paste some pics as I have high hopes for both of them. "Turquoise & Caicos" has major Summer-time staying potential and will absolutely look smokin' next to a sun tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment